light Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tanked
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tanked

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
419
Reaction score
1
Location
Port saint lucie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a 2 bulb be sufficient for this tank or should I go with a 4 bulb or even a 6 t5 setup?The tank is 20x16x6

DSC01252.jpg


Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Depending on what you want to keep, I would try to get at least 4 bulbs over it. If you keep the lights a bit higher up, you should be able to cover most of the tank.
 
I am planning on keeping all my le chalices and acans,so mostly sps.so I am stuck between the 4 bulb 4x24 now or a nova extreme 6 bulb 6x18.Which would be better?
 
actually now that I have looked I think I will stay away from the 18 watt bulbs because I see there is not as much variety as with the 24 watt bulbs.So I guess I am going with a 4 bulb fixture,so now what bulb combo would be best for lps mostly?
 
you don't need alot of light for most lps, besides maybe a few chalices. i wouldn't use alot of daylight lamps over a 6" deep tank unless you are putting sps in it.
 
I am looking for mostly growth so I am not worried about asthetics,I just want my chalices to grow,grow,grow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new