Light settings for Hydra 64

Seathirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have just replaced my Hydra 52 lights with the new Hydra 64s. Does anyone have any ideas for light settings for a 75 gallon tank with soft corals?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have just replaced my Hydra 52 lights with the new Hydra 64s. Does anyone have any ideas for light settings for a 75 gallon tank with soft corals?
Here’s a place to start (especially if you don’t want to or plan to use a PAR meter)

Just make sure you start lower than your end point and ramp up over a month or so. The 64s are more powerful for aure

OP
OP
S

Seathirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. This was very helpful. I have watched several videos by this same fellow but never saw this one. I think my biggest problem is that I have a canopy on my tank so my lights are only about 6" from the water's surface. I will look into purchasing a multi mount kit. Any suggestions?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. This was very helpful. I have watched several videos by this same fellow but never saw this one. I think my biggest problem is that I have a canopy on my tank so my lights are only about 6" from the water's surface. I will look into purchasing a multi mount kit. Any suggestions?
The AI hanging kits are good quality but expensive. Not sure what other options are out there…

I would also suggest the 3D Reefing Diffusors. I have AI Hydra 26HDs and the spectrum blending (especially closer to the lights) has been greatly improved. The shimmer has WAY less disco effect too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back