Light suggestion

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjbully
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tjbully

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
11
Location
fall river, ma
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting a new frag tank, it is a 28g shallow rimless with a 23g sump and I have a 12” AI coral grow but wasn’t sure if this will be enough after buying it and looking at it. What are your thoughts and recommendations?
 
XR15 G6 is another option!
 
I just googled this and it is a 20 watt light? If so then unfortunately it won't work. To give you an idea, I have a 90 watt popbloom on my 32, previously was a 100 watt nicrew that recently burnt out, but basically you want something closer to 100 watts for that tank.
 
I just googled this and it is a 20 watt light? If so then unfortunately it won't work. To give you an idea, I have a 90 watt popbloom on my 32, previously was a 100 watt nicrew that recently burnt out, but basically you want something closer to 100 watts for that tank.
I did research after what you posted For the poster who doesn't mention diminutions pretty hard to advise . I bought a grow and a grow to put between my 2 AI primes to fill a void . Unfortunately I did not research well and Bought 12 inch models . Maybe according to what I know from AI as in Artificial " intelligence " the combo boosts the par for a frag tank quite a bit and may be enough . Too many variables . For me I am hoping that they will serve my purpose but now not very positive since you correctly pointed that out . My tank 4 foot by 20 front to back and top to bottom 24
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new