Lighting for 40 Breeder Mixed Reef Hydra32hd X2 !

CompulsiveFragCollector86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tanks been running for over a year now recently switched from 2X16hdPrimes too 2XHYDRA32S. I have 3DReefing diffusers as well just to feel a little safer persay about not burning my corals like I did in the beginning of joining the hobby, and I upgraded my lights so that there would be no questions that I didn't have enough light and I also don't want to have to run them so high because so many lens issues melting and I've already had to replace lenses once and AI is sending me a new Hydra32hd this week because the fact that the two lights Spectrum wise look completely different drives me nuts because it's the first thing people that know absolutely nothing about it notice. That being said I purchased a parking meter in the beginning of getting in this hobby because of the wait for the rentals so I have an apogee I can connect to my computer it works wonderful I have a mixed Reef predominantly LPS mostly acans across the sand bed some zoa's a branching hammer and wall hammer a torch a couple SPS bunch of shrooms and a orange lantern bubble tip anemone I have had the most success with the World Wide Corals hundred gallon schedule which I will attach but I would like to know as far as dialing it in what kind of numbers I should be looking for on my sandbed ? What is the average par I want on my sandbed 50 to 150 is a pretty wide range would getting 50 on my sandbed bed be ideal , because I can get anywhere from 50 to 150 any help would be appreciated. I would like to dial it in one last time when the new light gets here and I replace the lenses on my other light.

20220222_152553.jpg 20220222_152541.jpg 20220222_152510.jpg FB_IMG_1645532352872.jpg Screenshot_20220219-170716_myAI.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 101 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back