Lighting for 8 ft frag tank

Iam_Mitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting an 8ft x 3ft x 12in frag tank. What lighting would you choose keeping a moderate budget in mind? It’ll be a mixed frag tank - mainly softies and LPS but will have a SPS as well. Looking for affordable but will get the job done.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me i would go t5 or led light bars. On my 8x2 frag tank i am using 2 sets of led light bars(1 daylight, 1 actinic, 2 blue). If it were 3 ft wide i would add 2 more.

OP
OP
Iam_Mitch

Iam_Mitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me i would go t5 or led light bars. On my 8x2 frag tank i am using 2 sets of led light bars(1 daylight, 1 actinic, 2 blue). If it were 3 ft wide i would add 2 more.
Which LED bars are you using?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which LED bars are you using?
Mine are unbranded from China. Took a chance ordering them and have been thrilled with results. They look identical to the orphek. Whether they have the same LEDs inside I cant say, but same look and same specs as orphek, but it was about 1/3 the cost.

Kalinina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are unbranded from China. Took a chance ordering them and have been thrilled with results. They look identical to the orphek. Whether they have the same LEDs inside I cant say, but same look and same specs as orphek, but it was about 1/3 the cost.
Hi! Do you have a website? I searched but only came up with an Amazon seller, but not sure if it’s the same source. Thanks!

Back