lighting for 90 gallon mixed reef

Thehearon8ter

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2016
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done a bunch of research. I am looking into a lighting for my 90 gallon tank that is going to be a mixed reef tank LPS and softies with some sps as well. What would be the better choice. I'm currently considering a 48" ATI 6 bulb t5ho fixture Or 2 6"X20" diy rapid led dimmable fixtures with 48 leds total. Opinions and advice would be much appreciated
 
The ATI is going to look spectacular, but bulb replacement always sucks. I was never a fan of the rapid DIY fixtures. Not sure what your budget is, but look into 2 Kessil 360s. They are excellent fixtures.
 
I would look on here for two used radions. They are great lights and will end up costing you less than the ATI and will have more controllability than the DIY led
 
I'll look into radions and kessil. Was also maybe thinking a used ATI 6 bulb supplemented with a 48" strip led or 2. So many options, I'm wanting to stay around $500 or $600. I've just read so much success storied with t5/led combo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new