Lighting for Algae Scrubber?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sundog101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sundog101

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
994
Reaction score
651
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be setting up a 4x8 algae scrubber soon and I'm unsure of what lights to use. Should I go with compact fluorescents or leds? Do kelvins and color matter with algae growth?
 
image.jpg
Thanks for the info! I just finished building it for my biocube. I've never seen one set up like this, so we'll see how it goes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new