Lighting help

  • Thread starter Thread starter thenewone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thenewone

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to T5 was wondering what order to set the bulbs ,or what bulbs to use for sps. Also I found some bulbs that have LED I think they are called T5 LEDs can anyone give me I sight on them please .
 
Start with a lux meter so you can tell how bright the lights are - whatever you end up with.

With it, you'll be able to determine how high/low to mount your lights or where to set the dimmers instead of guessing.

Start with a free lux meter app for your smart phone, but a $15 handheld is a great investment. Useful for every lighting setup or adjustment, as well as around the house for other purposes! :)

You want about 40,000 lux at the water surface.

Anything from 20,000 to 80,000 is probably fine.

For what it's worth:
I have a tank that's probably closer to 10,000 lux than it is 20,000 and it's still fine. I'm guessing it's growing slower than the other (brighter) tank on the system, but I couldn't swear to it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new