Lighting my 150 gallon

ILikeWaffles

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 150 gallon that I want to do a mixed reef with, it’s roughly 6’x18”x24”. I am trying to decide which brand of light to use I really like the Kessil shimmer effect so I’m leaning towards two ap9x. I am not opposed to different brands.

What have you seen work/any recommendations would be appreciated.
 
I have 4 Nicrew navareef 135 over my 150

20260815_212415_A7221558-97E8-45A3-A320-86808769C0E4.png


20260815_212415_7834DB78-E528-4B1F-A6D7-592745FA3E2A.png
 
Check out ReefBreeders. Awesome lights and great company. I use them on 3 of my tanks and plan to swap out my other 2 soon. Really ice shimmer, the app is user friendly, and they come with 2 or 3 mounting options depending on the size you get. They also have edge bars that mount really easy if you need them.

I am getting awesome growth and color with them.
 
Check out ReefBreeders. Awesome lights and great company. I use them on 3 of my tanks and plan to swap out my other 2 soon. Really ice shimmer, the app is user friendly, and they come with 2 or 3 mounting options depending on the size you get. They also have edge bars that mount really easy if you need them.

I am getting awesome growth and color with them.

The Reefbreaders meridian has features you have to pay for a subscription to use .
 
Check out ReefBreeders. Awesome lights and great company. I use them on 3 of my tanks and plan to swap out my other 2 soon. Really ice shimmer, the app is user friendly, and they come with 2 or 3 mounting options depending on the size you get. They also have edge bars that mount really easy if you need them.

I am getting awesome growth and color with them.

The Reefbreaders meridian has features you have to pay for a subscription to use .
True, but I don’t use them. The lights work amazing for me without them.
 
These are the premium features. Again, I don’t have the premium plan and none of these impact the lights functionality. The only one that might be helpful, IMO, is the acclimation mode. I have never used acclimation mode on a light personally.
20260815_210733_478160B6-B09D-40A9-A910-12DE204E162E.png
 
These are the premium features. Again, I don’t have the premium plan and none of these impact the lights functionality. The only one that might be helpful, IMO, is the acclimation mode. I have never used acclimation mode on a light personally.
20260815_210733_478160B6-B09D-40A9-A910-12DE204E162E.png
I am not going to hijack this guys thread but any company that charges what they charge for there light and then adds features behind a subscription will never get my money .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new