Lighting on Red Sea G2 XL

Rlynch818

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
91
Reaction score
33
Location
Carlsbad, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short-ish... I recently got back into the hobby after a 5 year break. I originally purchased an Aqua Japan 40 gallon with sump but changed my mind and got a Red Sea Max Nano G2 XL (33 gallons). I had already purchased a Radion XR 30 G6 Pro for use on the 40 gallon tank, but the Red Sea came with a Red Sea Reef LED 50. My question is... should I just use the RS light, should I purchase a mounting system and use the G6 Pro, or should I trade for a XR15 and still buy the mounting system? I will mostly have softies, but would like the option of trying some SPS corals down the line. Anyone using the RS LED 50 and super happy with it? Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I have a RS LED 50, love mine on my tank! (edited or, didn't see the tank size haha)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new