Lighting problem

Billycaicedo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a Kessil A700 for my 90 gallon tank. I was using a combination T5/LED light that I had. The new light doesn't seem as "bright" and I understand it is more about the specific wavelengths of light and maybe not so much the "brightness" . Anyway, my algae problem has decreased significantly, my mushrooms and few corals that I have left seem to be doing ok, but my anemone has died. Could this be a lighting issue? I would like to have a thriving reef system, but am relatively new to the hobby. I have live rock, fish, a few corals here and there. My water parameters are withing the normal parameters.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank? How old is it? What are your light settings and schedule? What are your parameters? Anemones like a lot of light and well established tanks with nitrates. How quickly did it die? How was it doing before you changed the light?

OP
OP
B

Billycaicedo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 gallon with 40 gallon sump. The tank is about 3 years old. The settings I am using is pre-programmed. It basically starts at 10% at 7 am and ramp up to 80% by noon, and then back to 10% by 8 PM. I keep the nitrates and phosphates low to control algae. I had it for about 6 months. It never would come out from under a rock ledge, but was doing fairly well I guess. After I changed the lighting, it lasted for about 2-3 weeks

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back