Light settings

caro325

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again. I was hoping someone could help me with the setting of my new light. I got a new light to replace the stock light from the fluval flex 15. I got it last night, and I put it to run on one of their preset modes...which it is great for me as I don't know much, and everything seems ok, but all of their pre set modes turn the light completely OFF from about 11:00pm until 7-9 am.......... is that correct/right??????...is there a better setting??? my light has 6 channels and it is adjustable. I have a couple of clown fish, 1 anemone , a peppermint shrimp, some hermit crabs and snails, and 2-3 coral frags.
this is the light: https://smat-farm.com/collections/aquarium-light/products/g5-aquastar

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
did it not bring instructions on how to set up the programing? i'm not too familiar with the lights other than it being a good budget option.

i would say to try youtube to see if anyone has put up any "how-to" videos. but of course, could wait for others to chime in as well :)

OP
OP
C

caro325

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did it not bring instructions on how to set up the programing? i'm not too familiar with the lights other than it being a good budget option.

i would say to try youtube to see if anyone has put up any "how-to" videos. but of course, could wait for others to chime in as well :)
I figured out how to change the settings and personalized them, I just don't know what values to use....... or even if it is ok/normal for the lights to be completely OFF all night.......... all the other tanks that I have seen has some kind of lights on even at night........

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about right to me. My lights go out at 11 and back on at 8. I think some people use a moonlight setting but as long as you ramp down your fine!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back