HELP!! I don’t know the schedule I should program my lights!

hannahj331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. My husband has a 75 gallon saltwater aquarium that I know NOTHING about. He passed away in January and I have been learning how to do water changes and keep this tank alive. He had the lights setup on a timer and everything was fine. We lost electricity last week and when they came back on, the lights went back to auto mode and they seem to be on way too much now. I am starting to get green algae and I am unsure how to reprogram it to the correct amount of time. It’s an AquaticLife light and it allows me to set when the blue lights turn on and off, when the white lights turn on and off, and when the night lights turn on and off, but I don’t think it will allow me to change the intensity of them. So it’s either on or off.

I have read that there should be a ramping up period, which I believe is just the blue lights for an hour, and then turn on the white lights for 8 hours before ramping down for another hour. This seems like what it was set for before, so I am inclined to believe it, but do the blue lights come on for an hour and then stay on once the white lights come on, or do I turn them off? When the ramping down happens, is it just the blue lights and then the night lights come on for a bit or does it go straight from the white lights to the night lights?

My husband LOVED this tank and so do my kids! I am trying like hell not to kill anything and ruin it, but I am overwhelmed and keep ending up at dead ends and get discouraged! Any help would be appreciated!

OP
OP
H

hannahj331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures for reference.

Attachments

• 8BCD9219-A9FE-45FB-B803-AD73E9E9949C.jpeg
    8BCD9219-A9FE-45FB-B803-AD73E9E9949C.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 131C5D80-4E27-4D5D-BE61-0BDFB31D4E71.jpeg
    131C5D80-4E27-4D5D-BE61-0BDFB31D4E71.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back