Lighting question for bta tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Don_Jorge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Don_Jorge

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Messages
246
Reaction score
162
Location
San antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have my vipaspectra at 45 blue and 1 white at 18 inches over the tank and was wondering if this is enough light for my nems
13C74552-6AD1-47B8-9F51-F0E6E4DB4859.jpeg
01B40188-E3C6-4DA9-AC30-93FE3DA71AD3.jpeg 468379E2-C054-4558-8D1B-FC505B5BE002.jpeg
 
I run my black box (not same brand as yours) full blast at 100% for both channels. Once they are acclimated they always want more light. I only adjust lighting for viewing and pictures. I don’t feed any of my anemones, they just get strong light.

100% blue, 5% white
E2C13E40-2F95-4ADC-8E83-41EEE666EBF9.jpeg


100% blue, 50% white
174D652B-988F-4699-A629-434DAE9714C0.jpeg


100% blue, 100% white. This is what I run for 12 hrs on/off each day.
7DA4B954-F951-435C-A2F5-39277A32078A.jpeg
 
I keep my viparspectra 165 about the same as OP, 45ish blue and 1 or 2 white about 13 inches off my 40b. Seems to be about right for my nem.
 
I keep my viparspectra 165 about the same as OP, 45ish blue and 1 or 2 white about 13 inches off my 40b. Seems to be about right for my nem.
Where about in the tank did yours settle? Mine have all been going to the top I’m at 48 % blue ramping 1% daily
 
Where about in the tank did yours settle? Mine have all been going to the top I’m at 48 % blue ramping 1% daily
Well, i was doing great about dead center of the tank for months, but then I finished my screen top and put it on. I guess that messed it up just enough that it's been wandering again the last few days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new