Lighting question

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have a 45 gallon frag tank, so only 12 inches deep, and I have a t5 hood retro fitted with only blue leds, just added whites, but looking to maybe add something more for additional spectrum. Is there anything out there anyone can suggest that would like mine, currently running the current tru lumen blue and white leds. I know of the orphek but was wondering if anything can be a cheaper solution like uvs off amazon?

Thanks

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't cheap out on your frags. YOu get a lot of light and options with the Orphek LED bars. YOu can even customize the LEDs you want. IMHO.

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many t5 bulbs do you have. What bulbs do you use ?

I recently added some of my older t5 fixtures to my tank and put all ati true actinic bulbs in and in combo with my blue led suppliment it made my corals glow like mad when the main lights are turned off. My main lights being a 4 bulb t5 fixture with ati blue plus and coral plus bulbs.

See the diff in how it looks. The elegance corals looks insaine with the actinics combined with the blue leds. Now i dont notice much color diff when my msin lights are on but its there.

As for you i dunno if you want nighttime look.. or do you mean more spectrum for daytime for coral growth ?

Attachments

• 20210305_211407.jpg
    20210305_211407.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210201_233814.jpg
    20210201_233814.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
saturn13

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many t5 bulbs do you have. What bulbs do you use ?

I recently added some of my older t5 fixtures to my tank and put all ati true actinic bulbs in and in combo with my blue led suppliment it made my corals glow like mad when the main lights are turned off. My main lights being a 4 bulb t5 fixture with ati blue plus and coral plus bulbs.

See the diff in how it looks. The elegance corals looks insaine with the actinics combined with the blue leds. Now i dont notice much color diff when my msin lights are on but its there.

As for you i dunno if you want nighttime look.. or do you mean more spectrum for daytime for coral growth ?
Not running any t5's actually, just the leds, I have the ati blue plus and coral plus,.just don't want it to be overkill with par.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back