Lighting queston

Royce White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Green Element EVO Quad 48"light. 216 watts. LED. I am having trouble with my frags closing and not opening up while other older corals seem to be fine. All water parameters are correct. My LFS double checked water and found nothing wrong also. Suggested that maybe to strong of lighting. I said all that to ask if anyone knows of away ,dimmer, to dim the lights on this fixture. I haven't been able to find a dimmer for it. Thanks for your help.

nerdymunky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a quick Amazon search for this light and see only an on/off switch for two channels.

Best option would be to raise the lights higher above the tank if it is too strong for the coral.

OP
OP
Royce White

Royce White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is all I was able to find also but was hoping some one else had found DIY fix for it. Aquarium is in place where I can't raise the light. Thank you.

nerdymunky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is all I was able to find also but was hoping some one else had found DIY fix for it. Aquarium is in place where I can't raise the light. Thank you.

Some sort of diffuser panel or frosted glass could help. I've used both for acclimating new coral to high powered lights.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 44 40.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%

Back