Lighting recc. for IM 20 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter TonyJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TonyJ

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Im in the process of setting up my first try at a reff tank. I bought an IM 20 gallon its 23.6 inches long ~12" deep and ~12" front to back. Im looking to try some low light beginner corals mainly Zoa's n GSP will be on my list. What lighting fixture would fit that description budget is 100-200 range. So far I am considering the
12" Blade or Jebao AL-90
TIA
 
Last edited:
I ran a meridian 11 over my IM20.
PXL_20250823_010427998.jpg

I moved into another tank and have the merdian listed for $250 since I no longer need it. Should be able to grow pretty much anything so it's a bit of future proofing in case you want to try some higher light coral or a clam later on 😉

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reefbreeders-meridian-11.1168192/

image.jpg
 
Check the wattage on the blade, don't get the 20 watt one, IMO any 50-60 watt light will work. AI Prime, Jebao, Nicrew, Popbloom are all brands that I've used with very good results
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new