Lighting recommendation

baja_minnesota13

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I currently have a 55gal reef tank with a 48" Dsuny full spectrum programmable LED. I love the LEDs I have, but I'm looking to supplement with some HO T5 lights. I would prefer to add 2 units, one on each side of my LED unit. I'm thinking just the 2 bulb units one white and one actinic and I would like it to have a timer. I don't need anything fancy or over the top expensive I just want to add more watts, vibrancy and color to my tank. The Dsuny unit puts out a total of 144 watts... Just curious what people recommend for brands and what's known to work well as well as how much more wattage I can safely add without it being to much for my tank. Thanks in advance!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new