Lighting schedule for t5 hybrid

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always run my led 10am-10pm with sunrise and set . Just got a hybrid t5 should I have my t5 kick on at 11 and go off at 9 ? Or should I run it for a shorter period?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use PAR levels to decide how much to change lighting schedule when changing light fixtures. If the PAR for new and old fixtures are close 10% -15% I'd leave the light schedule the same. If the newer fisxture is significantly brighter then I'd start with a much shorter schedule and adjust it longer over several months depending on how the corals are acclimating.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use PAR levels to decide how much to change lighting schedule when changing light fixtures. If the PAR for new and old fixtures are close 10% -15% I'd leave the light schedule the same. If the newer fisxture is significantly brighter then I'd start with a much shorter schedule and adjust it longer over several months depending on how the corals are acclimating.
Don’t have a par meter but the tank is blanketed in light now I’m gonna run it 4.5 hrs first with led on same schedule

MelancholyBlenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't have a par meter i would just start slow. If it was me doing it without a par meter I would do it one of 2 ways:

1) leave the LEDs as is and have the t5s come on and run 1/2 hour during peak hours everyday adjusting this up a 1/2 hour every week until i got them where i wanted them (you can do this faster if you want but i try not to rush anything in reefing)

2) Turn the LEDs down 1/2 the intensity they are at now and run the t5s for the full peak hours and run a acclimation on the leds for a couple months time to bring them back up to where they are at now.

Obviously observing the corals during all of this and adjusting slower or faster as well.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two ATI Blue Plus and two ATI Coral Plus. LED's are two Prime 16HD and a Hydra 32.
I bought my fixture from someone it came with 2 geisemann bulbs that seem to be pretty white and I added 2 b+ . They’re out of c+ on brs . I’m also running 2 ai prime with brs ab+ spectrum

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221231_161728.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back