lighting

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone recommend me a good lighting, right now i’m using the pennywise setting for my ai prime 16, im using one on a 35 gallon cube with mostly lps and soft corals as i’m getting into sps, im just not happy with how everything is looking right now and i dont think my corals are getting the correct par

IMG_1846.png

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not a very strong light for that size of tank, I use it on my 15 gallon softie tank at 70% intensity for V/RY/B. You should have it cranked out close to full power for that size tank, or consider getting a second one.

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your corals doing that makes it seem like they aren’t getting enough light? What % is the maximum intensity on your light currently? It looks really low

WWC Lighting Presets

World Wide Corals has their presets for download on their site, can’t argue with the success they have had, just make sure you acclimate to the new schedule. If I’m not mistaken the AI lights have an acclimation mode? I have Orphek and it does I believe it’s a standard on most LEDs now

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s just some corals won’t extend as much as others like i have 4 duncan’s and 4 hammers and 2 of each will come out fully and my torch was looking great for about a couple weeks now it’s kind of shrunk. my nutrients are all in order as well i just can’t figure out whether it’s my lights flow or what i’m not sure i don’t have the best powerheads as i just purchased an ai orbit 4 so hopefully that helps.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not a very strong light for that size of tank, I use it on my 15 gallon softie tank at 70% intensity for V/RY/B. You should have it cranked out close to full power for that size tank, or consider getting a second one.
i have 3 of these lights 2 were given to me by a family member they just need to be sent in to be repaired but i see plenty of tanks of my my size running just one light i thought 2 would of been overkill imo

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s just some corals won’t extend as much as others like i have 4 duncan’s and 4 hammers and 2 of each will come out fully and my torch was looking great for about a couple weeks now it’s kind of shrunk. my nutrients are all in order as well i just can’t figure out whether it’s my lights flow or what i’m not sure i don’t have the best powerheads as i just purchased an ai orbit 4 so hopefully that helps.
Crank the Prime up, what are the dimensions of your tank? For softies and some LPS that one prime should be enough depending on how high you have it mounted. But definitely crank up the intensity

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crank the Prime up, what are the dimensions of your tank? For softies and some LPS that one prime should be enough depending on how high you have it mounted. But definitely crank up the intensity

how can i do that with my pre existing setting or is that possible?

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s about 10-12” from the water but i have quite of bit of negative space to the top of my rock work so i’m not sure if that could be apart of the issue

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpeg
    IMG_1847.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 30

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s about 10-12” from the water but i have quite of bit of negative space to the top of my rock work so i’m not sure if that could be apart of the issue
that should be plenty of light for that tank. I think you’ll just have to manually go into the settings and raise each one of them. If you can rent a par meter that would be your best bet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back