Lighting

bryan oestreich

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
187
Reaction score
50
Location
St. Paul Mn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I know my lighting can sustain SPS coral? Without using a par meter?

Have a few LPS and softies andy tank has been up for 8 months. No problems with fish or coral in 3 months. The only problem. I have is calcium. keeping it above 400. Going to switch to mixing my own salt (been using LFS from the start) and if that doesnt help. I'll start dosing

These are the lights I'm using right now 2 16" fixtures. 18" above tank rim and set at 50% blue and 25% white right now.
The tank is 65 gal 48x12.5x24

Screenshot_2016-06-06-19-49-33.png


IMG_20160605_200357729.jpg
 
Lighting is a bit of a complicated subject.
Understanding par takes reactive like learning water chemistry.

Google Dana riddle advanced aquarist.

Also Dana riddle lux par conversion.

Also you can search lux or lux meter here in the site.

I be live there is some basic info here as well.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lighting-advice.252236/#post-2974908
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new