Lighting

auditech17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at a light I’m new to saltwater reefing I have a 40 gallon aquatop and looking at AI HYDRA 32, Red Sea 90 and AI Prime 16HD, want something that app is easy to use for a beginner and future proof myself.

mjgonereefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby! So lighting is a crazy wide world and you can go nuts but what I recommend is to come up with a plan of what you wanna keep. Fish only? Soft corals,lps corals sps both all? Figure that out and Taylor your lighting to the needs of the inhabitants. All the lights you mentioned are great lights but you may need more than one depending on what corals you want. Radions are a great light too. I’ve used all of them and I’d say the AI app is the easiest. Keep us posted!

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save $$$$ on a 40.

Fluval Marine 3.0 32" and a Fluval Marine Nano Light.

You can control both lights with the same app and name each one.
20230602_221446.jpg

OP
OP
auditech17

auditech17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby! So lighting is a crazy wide world and you can go nuts but what I recommend is to come up with a plan of what you wanna keep. Fish only? Soft corals,lps corals sps both all? Figure that out and Taylor your lighting to the needs of the inhabitants. All the lights you mentioned are great lights but you may need more than one depending on what corals you want. Radions are a great light too. I’ve used all of them and I’d say the AI app is the easiest. Keep us posted!
I’m still looking for corals I like some lps for starting off and eventually get sps. I’ve looked at the apps and they are all low in ratings and since I’m a beginner it’s kind of nerve racking as they might not be friendly for beginners.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back