Lights on Dino!!

pmichel77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little girl woke up this morning and said "I can't see Nemo!" They're in the hospital I responded LOL!! I thought I had diatoms but this stuff looks like dinoflagellates based on growth phenotype. Came back the next day after a 10% water change and gravel cleaning with characteristic long hair like growth and bubbles. So after reading numerous horror stories about this organism I have decided to hit them with the kitchen sink 1st: H2O2 dosing, 3 day blackout, food reduction, and will add a real skimmer in 2 days, increased water flow with a better pump and ROX .8 BRS carbon with purigen and polyfilter. These things haven't taken over my tank but I'm going to hit them hard and early. Not going to physically pull them off stuff because I hate putting my hand in the tank not that many of them anyway after the 1 cleaning.
This

IMG_2267.JPG

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats so cute. My little one (two and doesnt talk much yet) always runs up to the tanks. FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH!!!!!! *points and slaps tank violently*

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats so cute. My little one (two and doesnt talk much yet) always runs up to the tanks. FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH!!!!!! *points and slaps tank violently*
Lucky you have a SW tank...A kid (friend kid) did the same to my tank and killed my 24 inches GATF (Goliath African Tiger Fish), he's spooked my fish and it rush full force to the tank wall and died minutes later! Now, my policy is no KID under 5 years old come to my house...NO EXCEPTION! :mad:

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky you have a SW tank...A kid (friend kid) did the same to my tank and killed my 24 inches GATF (Goliath African Tiger Fish), he's spooked my fish and it rush full force to the tank wall and died minutes later! Now, my policy is no KID under 5 years old come to my house...NO EXCEPTION! :mad:
That's shocking. I bet that made for an awkward conversation with the parents of that child. My wife and I don't have kids, therefore none of our friends have kids, so that scenario is something I'll never have to deal with.

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's shocking. I bet that made for an awkward conversation with the parents of that child. My wife and I don't have kids, therefore none of our friends have kids, so that scenario is something I'll never have to deal with.
Well, the parents were mad about their kid behave more than me. I have to calm them down cause they pretty much scared the **** out of the kid LOL. They did sorry for the incident and offer to pay for a new replacement but I said it's ok, what's done is already done!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 101 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back