Liitle Bugs Crawling On Coral That would Not Open

reeftankdude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
552
Reaction score
220
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other Zoa it came with is doing just fine. This one never opened and now has little bugs crawling on it. I removed it from the tank with a brine shrimp net. I do not see any of these critters on the other corals. The UVS is on 24/7. Should I trash this one and ask for a refund/credit?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eM7Rcq_E_T4
bugs.PNG bugs.PNG
 
Last edited:
Really do not want to trash this coral if I do not have to. Should I iodine dip it and see if the critters fall off? Perhaps the first dip was not strong enough.
 
I did not get any responses. So no one has seen this before? All I could do is trash the coral.
 
Oh I see. Missed the video.

They look and move like the standard copepods to me. IMO they will not harm your zoas.... Zoas can be temperamental on their own. Either way, it'll be pretty hard to get rid of copepods completely but you can certainly control their numbers with fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new