OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Formalin replaces metro and even prazi, but keep those ABX handy just in case a secondary bacterial infection strikes. I’ve been using Cipro and Baytril (Enrofloxacin) lately. Works a lot faster than the old school stuff, but also very hard on the biofilter.
Doc. Whats the flubendazole dose in a real qt not a bath. There are numbers all over the place from prazi dose to 95 mg per gallon to something in-between from fishman. ??‍♂️♂️♂️♂️ Thx.

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I would never drive red !!

I love my blue & red cars!

F28EC669-F1BB-4FD8-BA7A-9D6D9A72DA14.jpeg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doc. Whats the flubendazole dose in a real qt not a bath. There are numbers all over the place from prazi dose to 95 mg per gallon to something in-between from fishman. ??‍♂‍♂‍♂‍♂ Thx.

I've never used flubendazole, although a quick search on Google Scholar makes it look interesting.

I have used fenbendazole for deworming. I've used the 25 mg/L dosage for both the bath and in-tank treatment; but I've also successfully tested the much lower 2 mg/L dosage (in-tank prolonged immersion) against monogeneans. I'll probably stick with an in-tank dosage of 2.5 mg/L (to mimic the Prazipro dosage) unless it fails me.

IME; fenbendazole is much more effective dewormer than praziquantel.

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used flubendazole, although a quick search on Google Scholar makes it look interesting.

I have used fenbendazole for deworming. I've used the 25 mg/L dosage for both the bath and in-tank treatment; but I've also successfully tested the much lower 2 mg/L dosage (in-tank prolonged immersion) against monogeneans. I'll probably stick with an in-tank dosage of 2.5 mg/L (to mimic the Prazipro dosage) unless it fails me.

IME; fenbendazole is much more effective dewormer than praziquantel.
Thanks im done with prazi. !!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks im done with prazi. !!

To be fair, most "prazi resistant flukes" are "hiding out" behind a scale or something. Whether this is just incidental or an actual strategy they employ to avoid contact with the medication I do not know. I think fenbendazole lasts longer in the water, so it is more likely to kill these.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back