0   0   0
IMG_0153.JPG

Any idea what this is?

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralline algae can start like that, especially on a white/bare rock. Watch and see how it develops :) - All a part of the fun!

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How old is the tank? Is it on that rock only or on sand too?

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think it's coralline...it's not going to go from That to a hard calcium needing algae purple. That will come later and often in different sections then the green. (now there is a speck of likely corallina on the right)

But it is a new rock/tank starter algae. Nothing to worry about, your dry dead rocks are turning "live" :)

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think it's coralline...it's not going to go from That to a hard calcium needing algae purple. That will come later and often in different sections then the green. (now there is a speck of likely corallina on the right)

But it is a new rock/tank starter algae. Nothing to worry about, your dry dead rocks are turning "live" :)
Agreed, in hind sight yes possibly . But its IME the funny precursor to the coralline bloom. Usually show up in the same places right before the coralline pops right?.

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A wild fire burns out a piece of land, its blank and it will always start to grow with grasses. The first signs of grass isnt the starts of oak trees.

correlation vs causation issue.

The lime green isnt bad and agree we all see it before coralline, part of the aging process but I dont think it IS coralline...saplings(to continue the analogy)

OP
OP
H

Homestead_Dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I was hoping it was just coralline and would stay that color. I have seen mention of greens and even a teal that I would give $$$$$ for.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A wild fire burns out a piece of land, its blank and it will always start to grow with grasses. The first signs of grass isnt the starts of oak trees.

correlation vs causation issue.

The lime green isnt bad and agree we all see it before coralline, part of the aging process but I dont think it IS coralline...saplings(to continue the analogy)
Nice...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%

Back