Limpy new green finger leather? Help pls

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deonne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Deonne

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
119
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I bought a finger leather piece 4 days ago and have attached it to a rock with rubber band and placed in the sand. Initially it puffed up and got larger but now it appears to be shriveling up and is limping over. Any ideas? My parameters are ok, nitrates <10 and the rest (ca,kh,ph,mag) are in-line. I am using maxspect rsx led at 54% (the soft/lps preset).

Thanks for the help!

7F85FE57-F877-4814-9286-B6FA2AB2B549.jpeg


60E7BA84-9561-4A3C-B968-9443F6382804.jpeg
 
Try adjusting your water flow or move your coral to a different location where the flow is more suitable for it. Start with that...
 
Try adjusting your water flow or move your coral to a different location where the flow is more suitable for it. Start with that...

Are you suggesting flow may be too high or too low?
 
Looks to me like it’s too low. They like moderate water flow and high direct lighting. Could be possible that it is sloughing(shedding) which is a natural behavior in soft corals as a way of removing detritus and algae that has accumulated or growing on it.
 
I wouldn't worry about it, leathers do weird things. If it's still acting up in a week, then look into moving it.
 
Ok thanks, I’ll keep an eye on it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new