lineage qualifications

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2015
Messages
3,202
Reaction score
753
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
so I'm a little confused on the term linage. It's probably the most asked question when buying a frag. But other then buying directly from that person it's kind of heard to prove. I realize some corals are common so finding lineage is easy. But for instance I saw a person post for a coral Id. The people committed with what they thought it was and some disagreed with them so it was not an annomoius conclusion. Then the person sold with this super high end name and wasn't proven or have a connection of what actually is. So what's every ones thought on lineage. I also fell like some corals might have two names. I fell like if you don't have a firm proof they should rename it but can't sell for what they think it is.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new