Lineatus...

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im considering two lineatus for my 120. anyone have any opinions? or anything i should know about them????

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im considering two lineatus for my 120. anyone have any opinions? or anything i should know about them????
I would just find a very nice SuperMale or Large male... and probably another nice fairy to compliment him... if you really want a pair, make sure the female is really small so she'll stay small... good luck... :)

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i definitely want a pair. i am working on a pairs tank :). currently i have a pair of juv. onxy and a pair of mandarin fish and i have a purple firefish that its mate died :( but i am getting another one soom to put with it.
so as far as the lineatus. my lfs has one (hopefully if they still have it) and i am sure its a female (she is fairly small) so i would still need another one to put with it.
if i put two females together would one turn into a male? or is it better off just getting the smaller female they have and then locate a male?
and what is the meaning of the small female so she will stay small??? do they get really big or something? or what am i up against? :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i definitely want a pair. i am working on a pairs tank :). currently i have a pair of juv. onxy and a pair of mandarin fish and i have a purple firefish that its mate died :( but i am getting another one soom to put with it.
so as far as the lineatus. my lfs has one (hopefully if they still have it) and i am sure its a female (she is fairly small) so i would still need another one to put with it.
if i put two females together would one turn into a male? or is it better off just getting the smaller female they have and then locate a male?
and what is the meaning of the small female so she will stay small??? do they get really big or something? or what am i up against? :)
sometimes you get small males instead of females... I guess it's alright since you're not really breeding them.. LoLz... a buddy of mine picked up two juv males and one turned into a really really nice male, on it's way to a SuperMale IMHO... one of the sweetest Lineatus I've seen in person... for my future set up (120g and up), I'm looking into getting a harem of HI Flames, pair of Golden Rhomboid, pair of Lineatus, and a few other fairies... :)

make sure your tank is built for jumpers though... all my tanks have been built to prevent jumpers from carpet surfing.... :)

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i was assuming its a female becuase its coloring isnt as nice as the males i have seen. but i guess i could be wrong :)

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amanda - I have had a supermale lineatus for about 1.5 years and just added a female to the tank as well. I too am working on pairs for my new display and it happens to be pairs of wrasses mostly. If you end up with 2 females, the more dominant one will change to a male. They could also be males and one could change back to female too. I know it's all so confusing ;)

Kevin wrote up a great discription on terminology used for wrasses. Here's a link to it: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1602455

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back