Linespot Flasher Wrasse only 2 3/4 inches?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baby Ray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Some keep them in a tank of that size. Personally I don't like to see them in a tank less than 3' in length.

It's not about the volume of water, but rather the space they will use when they get excited.
 
Some keep them in a tank of that size. Personally I don't like to see them in a tank less than 3' in length.

It's not about the volume of water, but rather the space they will use when they get excited.
Thanks!!!!
I was just surprised that there was a flasher wrasse that stayed under 3 inches :p
 
I was curious about this too. I did some research, mainly on YouTube. The videos i looked at, showed this fish very very active. I almost considered it in my 30 until i noticed what life would be like in my small tank. I personally wouldn't recommend it. But maybe with increased flow, they could do well?
 
It's not about the volume of water, but rather the space they will use when they get excited.
Totally agree, my McCosker (under 2 inches and growing) and Carpenter (3.5 - 4 inches) use every bit of my 6ft tank when excited and playing.
 
Thanks everyone!!!
I am not going to get one because I have a 29 gallon tank :D
 
It's recognized that they get to @3". There are probably exceptions but for the most part @3". I just got one and did allot of research on them. Beautiful fish! A 29G is going to be a little cramped for this active swimmer.;)
 
If you've ever seen one of your wrasses excited or scared it's absolutely amazing how fast they are. I wonder how anything could catch them without stealth!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new