Lionfish question?!?!?

REEFIN RIOS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I have a clam with a lionfish????I'm thinking of getting a dwarf fuzzy or a fu Manchu. In the tank will be the lionfish and a snowflake eel.

Thank you
Happy reefing!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it's a crocea
Cool. Croceas are awesome. Couple things to note, they are rock boring clams, they need to be set on a flat piece of rock to be happy. You shouldn't just set them on the sand. Also, they are a higher light requiring species, so they need pretty high lighting. What kind of light you gots?

OP
OP
REEFIN RIOS

REEFIN RIOS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now it's under a kessil 360. But will be moved to my predator tank soon. Which I haven't decide what light to get yet.

OP
OP
REEFIN RIOS

REEFIN RIOS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights should I get and I'm already on a tight budget? It needs to cover a 3ft long tank but it's only 1ft tall!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say man, lots of options. If your trying to work with a tight budget, check out the Amazon/eBay Chinese LEDs, there down to like a $100-$125 each, one of them at a decent height above the tank should light most of it, but you'd have some shadow on the sides. You could do a 4 bulb T5HO fixture. That would give you full length light coverage but a bit more expensive with the bulbs which you'll needed to buy separately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
REEFIN RIOS

REEFIN RIOS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i looked at those would par 38 bulbs work? I was looking at them I have plenty of domes used to keep reptiles. Would those work? I'm setting it up this weekend to start the cycle so I have a month or so to get lights!

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on a few things. I'm not an LED expert so someone else may feel free to correct me. The lenses and wattage of the light will still play a role and for anything you could keep a lion in you'd need at least 2 strong par38's. It'd also be very helpful to know the dimensions of your tank.

OP
OP
REEFIN RIOS

REEFIN RIOS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for ur responses, no need to answer my questions decide to go a way different route. But thank y'all anyway!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back