Red Halos:
IMG_9003.jpg

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooohhhhh ahhhhh :) you have an amazing collection! I would love if you shared more pics, and I would assume I'm not alone.

It seems you really know your zoas so I will post one here for an ID. Once I have it I'll remove the part of the post :)

What is this?
yny9yres.jpg

Sorry for the derail..

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooohhhhh ahhhhh :) you have an amazing collection! I would love if you shared more pics, and I would assume I'm not alone.

It seems you really know your zoas so I will post one here for an ID. Once I have it I'll remove the part of the post :)

What is this?
yny9yres.jpg

Sorry for the derail..

Haha, no problem Loki, and thanks for the compliment. You can leave it on here, I don't mind! Seems more like a friendly thread that way anyways. :)

I'm pretty sure those are Sunny D's. They look just like mine and even have the white speckles on the skirts. But there's so many rainbows going around it's hard to tell. Did you get them as a wild or from a fellow hobbyist?

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them at MACNA from ********** booth. They were not part of their stock and I bought them directly from a guy working the booth. Honestly I am kind of confused as to their origin, because the conversation I had with him to talk him out of them was lengthy lol :).

He said "Rainbow" and "those aren't for sell" so it took a while but you see where they are lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them at MACNA from ********** booth. They were not part of their stock and I bought them directly from a guy working the booth. Honestly I am kind of confused as to their origin, because the conversation I had with him to talk him out of them was lengthy lol :).

He said "Rainbow" and "those aren't for sell" so it took a while but you see where they are lol

Agh, I wanted to go to MACNA for some awesome corals! Haha, bringing corals to MACNA and not for sale? Nonsense! Should have left it at home then! :) If you don't mind me asking, I'm really curious what happens when you buy corals at MACNA, how do you take it home?

If those were mine, I'd comfortably call them Sunny D's. They sure look like it to me, but there are a few morphs of Sunny D's going around. Both are the same to me though.

Here's 3 pictures of Sunny D's I have, all three coming from different locals to my area. The first two look the same while the last one has more green in the center, looking more like yours. All are Sunny D's from what I know though and are similar enough that I'd just call them Sunny D and people would agree.

IMG_8374.jpg

SunnyD-1.jpg

Most likely like yours:
SunnyD-2.jpg

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck ask anything I don't mind :) I live a 6 hour drive away from Dallas so I took a 24 JBJ and set it up in my hotel room. Once I got something I took it to the room and put it in the tank. Then bagged it all up and headed home.

Wow they do look very similar indeed. Does the size of the polyp matter? Mine are quite large, almost the size of a nickel I'd say and that's not including the skirt.

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he got them at MACNA or something. But I completely agree. They were hidden in the tank behind some loc line

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck ask anything I don't mind :) I live a 6 hour drive away from Dallas so I took a 24 JBJ and set it up in my hotel room. Once I got something I took it to the room and put it in the tank. Then bagged it all up and headed home.

Wow they do look very similar indeed. Does the size of the polyp matter? Mine are quite large, almost the size of a nickel I'd say and that's not including the skirt.
LOL! You brought a nano? That's hardcore!
As for polyp size, it varies on your lighting. They can get small, like the top 2 morphs or can get large. The one in the 3rd picture is about dime sized, a fairly large paly. More light will usually make them smaller.

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few more pictures, some of which I no longer have, before I call it a night. :xd:

From left to right:
Blue-Ringed Sunflowers, Flaming Lotus, Rastas, Blondies:
IMG_7267.jpg

ARC Tiger Lillies:
TigerLilly.jpg

Sunny D with a red splatter (The red eventually went away unfortunately after a week. The top is the ARC Tiger Lillies when it colored up a bit):
RedSunnyD.jpg

And a group shot of various z + p's when I had my nanocube running:
IMG_9041.jpg

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah I took a tank :) I brought back some cool stuff! I was worried that the tank wouldn't be big enough. It ended up being sufficient lol

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah I took a tank :) I brought back some cool stuff! I was worried that the tank wouldn't be big enough. It ended up being sufficient lol
Right on man, gets the job done. Sounds like MACNA was a blast.

Here are a few more pictures for today:

Hawaiian Pink Rims:
IMG_9005-1.jpg

Unknown Pink PE:
Pink2.jpg

PZ Blue Agave, the amount on white on this morph is just insane!
agavebaby.jpg

And one of my top favorites,
BRRPE (Blue Ring Red People Eater):
IMG_9004.jpg

Last edited:

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the thing from tremors...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice collection Darwin!!!!
man i want that pink streaked agaves and that vampire paly. :)

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man those are sick. Nice addition.
Thanks again Lilmatty5dimes, appreciate the comments. :)

Wow, those pink streaked Agaves are beautiful.
He sure is cute. Almost as cute as Ebola and small pox.
As cute as Ebola or small pox eh?... You sure he's not as cute as... a Wes Nile Virus? Hahaha. How is the white PE doing for you? I saw Wade's post of his Whites and they look a lot different than mine.

It looks like the thing from tremors...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
It does doesn't it?... It's suiting since it was found inside a rock.

Nice collection Darwin!!!!
man i want that pink streaked agaves and that vampire paly. :)
Thanks Ryan. Once they grow you know I'll always be down to trade with ya bud.

Ill take one of each!
Thanks Redseadragon. I always enjoy sharing in this hobby so it won't be too long before I put them up for others again. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back