Lithium

FishTacos2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Messages
115
Reaction score
86
Location
Cali
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an Oceamo ICP MS test back with Lithium at 1050 ppb

It was 200 before this.

It seems like the most likely cause would be additives (bad batch of tropic Marin pro salt or AFR)

I added a bunch of new dry rock recently and do not know if that could be contributing.

Any thoughts?
 
I was watching an interview with the guy who created the Triton method yesterday. He mentioned that American ICP have higher lithium levels than other countries. But he contributed it to the Magnesium supplements that we have available here.
 
It is apparent that American reefers have higher lithium that Europeans and some of the raw materials we end up using are likely to blame.

I doubt rock can be a source unless it’s really strange rock.

I think we would likely have heard if there was a batch of AFR or salt that bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new