Little Cayman dive vacation

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any divers out there? This is our first trip to Little Cayman and I'm very impressed so far. Reefs are healthy looking for the most part and fish numbers are very good. I've yet to see a lionfish which is unusual in the Caribbean right now. I'll share a few pics.

VKRXR1b.jpg

Wg9h7Ki.jpg

8kjLQKB.jpg

iQCFHle.jpg
Sea fan (1 of 1).jpg
Sting Ray (1 of 1).jpg

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics. The relaxed feeling you get looking at your reef tank must be magnified swimming in or near a reef. Working my way up to something like this.
I'm still debating a Guanaja trip in January. Slow time at work means need to get my first long-distance dive in.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool pictures. How much did the trip cost(if you don't mind me asking)?

$1898 was list price. That includes dives, meals and shuttle to and from the airport. We booked through a friend that's a travel agent and got a discount...not sure how much.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are diving 7 days and 2 dives a day are included. We are adding a couple of night dives and an afternoon dive or two as well. The additional dives are $60 each.

Here's a few short video clips from today's dives.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning high def pics

Grand Cayman is on my mind so bad now

In 96 events came about such that we spent a long time there, dove at night/ at day at every single possible time

Grand Cayman dive lodge, East end, location of a Tom Cruise lawyer movie from the eighties I cannot recall. Wiped out by Ivan in 04 is now a new lodge

My child has been a highly trained spare air pool diver since ten, that was not undertaken haphazardly + aware dangers we slow trained. Months to build up safe habits, exhale, cough control etc

We got into micro diving (dive anywhere you can reasonably with multiple spare airs strapped to legs) for a good three years 2006-09 lol. Not a bad way to lead into thirteen she'd agree most likely lol.

I love diving so much.
Never got kicked out not once. Four full dive refill tanks can sit in a hot Texas trunk for hours on end, if you just drape a wet towel over them I have tons of pics on old laptop of the micro diving setup.

Strangest dive phenomena I've seen doesn't come from the water. Those tanks are cool even if it's 105 outside, sounds unbelievable I know. One wet towel per tank, they do not overheat in the trunk closed on 105 degree Texas day we dove all afternoon, ate cheeseburgers and then napped. Miss em summers

Last edited:
OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C635CAB4-E5BB-4C2E-B69E-7E24FEC2CCC1.jpeg Nice!! How many days of diving? How many dives/day. I like to dive Cozumel. Really cheep and the reefs are amazing.

Oh man, we love Cozumel. Drift diving is one of my favorite things! The reefs and fish populations here are every bit as good as Coz.

We have been to Cozumel more than anywhere....cheap flights (fly in to Cancun and arrange a shuttle to the ferry), stay at Aldora and dive their steel 100's.....routinely have 75-80 minute dives even with the deeper dives that Cozumel usually has.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was our last day to dive. Visibility was great and the weather was outstanding.....really the whole week.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some stills from today

Big French Angel
french angel fish (1 of 1).jpg

A pair of butterfly fish
two spot butterflyfish (1 of 1).jpg Two different perspectives.....up and down!
GOPR8750.JPG GOPR8752.JPG

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are diving 7 days and 2 dives a day are included. We are adding a couple of night dives and an afternoon dive or two as well. The additional dives are $60 each.

Here's a few short video clips from today's dives.

I think I could watch that all day! Never been on a dive. Would love love love to some day! Thank you for that little piece of heaven!

AtulR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely awesome! I was in Grand Cayman in March, but we did see our fair share of Lionfish :(

Amazing pictures, keep them coming!

Night dive footage is fantastic. Great job!

cgdcinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lived in Grand Cayman helping to rebuild after Hurricane Ivan. I loved the fact that everything offshore was considered National Park and protected. Lots of awareness about the reefs and reef etiquette. Being born and raised in South Florida I was amazed by the reefs. I always felt like I was watching the discovery channel when I dove. I was amazed by how much life was in a one square foot of the reef. Thanks for the great videos. Enjoy your trip. [emoji4]

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, a few pictures I was able to capture off of video.

Black Durgeon Triggers

black durgeon triggerfish (1 of 1).jpg

Banded Butterfly

banded butterfly fish (1 of 1).jpg

"I see you"
I see you (1 of 1).jpg
Very friendly grouper
grouper-seafan.jpg
Spotted Eagle ray
spotted eagleray3.jpg

spotted eagleray4.jpg

spainish hogfish2.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back