Live Aquaria sent me the wrong fish! What is this?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if somebody finds your wallet with $250 its ok for them to keep it?

Agreed. People often lose their sense of ethics when interacting with companies. “Oh it’s their fault, my gain” etc. Sounds like he paid for it, it was accidentally refunded due to a technical issue, and did not pay for it again.

I’ve accidentally sent a person or two double shipments of something they bought, and when they let me know, I thank them and they keep it. Or I’ve received random test kits from BRS, called them and they said that they were replacements meant for someone else, and that I can keep them. Best to be ethical.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. People often lose their sense of ethics when interacting with companies. “Oh it’s their fault, my gain” etc. I’ve accidentally a person or two double shipments, and when they let me know, I thank them and they keep it. Or I’ve received random test kits from BRS, called them and they said that they were replacements meant for someone else, and that I can keep them. Best to be ethical.
My conscious would get the best of me. When I was younger, I ordered a laptop from a website. They accidentally sent me 2 and only charged me for one. I called them and they sent me an RGN to return the duplicate. All my friends kept telling me I should have kept or sold the duplicate, but I couldn't do that. It'd bother me from that moment on.

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. People often lose their sense of ethics when interacting with companies. “Oh it’s their fault, my gain” etc. Sounds like he paid for it, it was accidentally refunded due to a technical issue, and did not pay for it again.

I’ve accidentally sent a person or two double shipments of something they bought, and when they let me know, I thank them and they keep it. Or I’ve received random test kits from BRS, called them and they said that they were replacements meant for someone else, and that I can keep them. Best to be ethical.

Very true.

I am dealing with a similar issue right now. Bought a kessil from MD and tracking shows delivered but I do not have a light. If they can't find it I want my money back and if it ever shows, I would gladly pay them for it. Tough situation as they are out product , and I am out money.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My conscious would get the best of me. When I was younger, I ordered a laptop from a website. They accidentally sent me 2 and only charged me for one. I called them and they sent me an RGN to return the duplicate. All my friends kept telling me I should have kept or sold the duplicate, but I couldn't do that. It'd bother me from that moment on.
I'm with you on that. I bought coral from a lfs and when I got home found two emerald crabs. I called the lfs and told them I would buy them when I returned that way way. They told me not to bother with it and enjoy them.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had issues with LA orders. I've found that if you call them on the phone they are wonderful and take care of things willingly and promptly. But if you email you get canned responses and quotes of policy that may not even be pertinent.

Call them.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a shoal of 7 Anthias from LA... they sent me the male (from Cali) and the box from Wisconsin that was supposed to have my 6 females came with 5 totally different fish in it. 2 Aptaisia eating filefish and 3 of the fish in the photo, I'm not sure what they are??
IMG_20200122_104324.jpg

Help IDing is appreciated
We are truly sorry for the mix up and inconvenience with your order. If you haven't already done so, please contact one of our agents at 1-800-334-3699. Thank you for your patience.

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all like getting something free every now and then sure. I’ve never had a vendor in this hobby do me wrong and in turn I wouldn’t feel right knowingly sticking it to one like that. But I don’t know all the angles to it. Maybe someone else would feel justified due to past experiences.

On another note. Those filefish are frikin adorable :D

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true.

I am dealing with a similar issue right now. Bought a kessil from MD and tracking shows delivered but I do not have a light. If they can't find it I want my money back and if it ever shows, I would gladly pay them for it. Tough situation as they are out product , and I am out money.

That always sucks. It feels bad to make that claim (“undelivered”) just because it’s impossible for them to know whether it’s true or someone trying to take advantage. Especially on a pricy light.

I bought a Ring doorbell (videos motion) primarily for that reason; to be notified of deliveries.

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That always sucks. It feels bad to make that claim (“undelivered”) just because it’s impossible for them to know whether it’s true or someone trying to take advantage. Especially on a pricy light.

I bought a Ring doorbell (videos motion) primarily for that reason; to be notified of deliveries.

That's actually what I have been thinking about adding to the house. I have blink cameras watching my Tank , vehicles and storage / workshop building but nothing on my front porch.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's actually what I have been thinking about adding to the house. I have blink cameras watching my Tank , vehicles and storage / workshop building but nothing on my front porch.

I’m using NEST cams and they have proven to be so much help for many things besides deliveries. Crazy things you don’t think of.

My daughter was bitten by a cat in our front yard and the doctor said since we didn’t know who it belonged to and couldn’t verify it had a rabies vaccination then she would need to get vaccinated. She couldn’t remember what it looked like and then it dawned on me that the camera probably picked it up. We were able to identify the cat and knock on neighbors doors until we matched it up. It was vaccinated.

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using NEST cams and they have proven to be so much help for many things besides deliveries. Crazy things you don’t think of.

My daughter was bitten by a cat in our front yard and the doctor said since we didn’t know who it belonged to and couldn’t verify it had a rabies vaccination then she would need to get vaccinated. She couldn’t remember what it looked like and then it dawned on me that the camera probably picked it up. We were able to identify the cat and knock on neighbors doors until we matched it up. It was vaccinated.

Definitely one of those things you don't really need until you need it. lol

luckily in my case its only an A160we , it would hurt a lot more if it had been a 360x or Radion .

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It feels bad to make that claim (“undelivered”) just because it’s impossible for them to know whether it’s true or someone trying to take advantage. Especially on a pricy light.

I can't tell you how hard it was to send that message because I know they probably get hosed like that more than we can even imagine. In the message I didn't even bring up a refund, just asked for help tracking it down. I would much rather have the light.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you put that "bad karma" crap on me. Your employee was too lazy or too inept to deal with it.

So yeah, before you go implying that I ripped you off.. I CALLED, informed them what happened and that the fish was actually smaller than the fish I originally paid for, the guy was like..ummmm, well, I'm not quite sure.. just keep it.

"So we are cool?" "Yeah we are cool"

Last edited:

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with LA today, they shipped the wrong fish to me as well. I called customer service and they took care of me. They refunded my money and said to keep or donate the fish! So, my experience with LA went well! Hope it works out for you, special ops!

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two of those dart fish recently, they are so cool looking!

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The world would certainly be a much better place if we all just followed the Golden Rule and we all could "Do unto others as you would have then do unto you". Sadly enough tho, there is way too much greed built into human kind today for this to ever happen...

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back