Live Aquaria

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ordered from them before? Ive always wanted to try them but have heard some mixed things. They have good prices on two fish I want to add to my tank that I cant find on my usual online sites

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a post not long ago that the quality has gone down tremendously since they sold off a few years back. I haven't bought from them in several years myself. Could probably find that post, it was maybe a few weeks ago.

Fishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've been reliable for me in the past. But still quarantine... I've switched to ordering prequarantined but they are good for regular fish

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a post not long ago that the quality has gone down tremendously since they sold off a few years back. I haven't bought from them in several years myself. Could probably find that post, it was maybe a few weeks ago.
Ah okay I saw that as well which is why I was curious who else had an experience with them

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMO they are near the bottom of the barrel for fish and corals, shipping and customer service.

They used to be one of the best, but after after being sold several times they just suck these days.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO they are near the bottom of the barrel for fish and corals, shipping and customer service.

They used to be one of the best, but after after being sold several times they just suck these days.
Good to know, Ill probably pass then.

Brandont21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ordered from the WI facility very recently. Was pleasantly surprised with my order.

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They honor their DOA policy if that helps lol. Never ordered from them after that

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i usually just get my LFS to order mine. They will usually have them by tuesday if I get with them on Friday or Saturday morning at the latest

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They honor their DOA policy if that helps lol. Never ordered from them after that
A couple years ago I placed a $200+ order for some corals. Everything came in dead, or dying.
Got a credit for the corals, not shipping.
Placed another order with the credit. That order came in and all died within 2 days.
I was told that I would only receive a $25 credit after that.
Was ticked. Used the $25 credit on some frozen food.
Guess what? It came defrosted.

I was more than "ticked"

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple years ago I placed a $200+ order for some corals. Everything came in dead, or dying.
Got a credit for the corals, not shipping.
Placed another order with the credit. That order came in and all died within 2 days.
I was told that I would only receive a $25 credit after that.
Was ticked. Used the $25 credit on some frozen food.
Guess what? It came defrosted.

I was more than "ticked"
I think i got lucky getting my shipping money back, my order was already a week delayed due to being “short on staff”. Then was delayed about a week from the shipping company

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think i got lucky getting my shipping money back, my order was already a week delayed due to being “short on staff”. Then was delayed about a week from the shipping company
Another part of my issue with them is the shipping method they use.
Instead of styrofoam boxes they used the thin quilted mylar bags. There is no way to seal them properly and they open up. Heck even the cardboard box opened up because there was no support on the inside of the box.
The guy that packed my orders thought a few air pillows were enough to support that bags with corals in them.
On the first order I found one heat pack, between the outside of the bag and the cardboard box.

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another part of my issue with them is the shipping method they use.
Instead of styrofoam boxes they used the thin quilted mylar bags. There is no way to seal them properly and they open up. Heck even the cardboard box opened up because there was no support on the inside of the box.
The guy that packed my orders thought a few air pillows were enough to support that bags with corals in them.
On the first order I found one heat pack, between the outside of the bag and the cardboard box.
Safe to say we’re on the same team when it comes to live aquaria then

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep okay not using LA!! Went with saltwater aquarium, they have a great valentines sale! 50% off clown pairs. Picked up my dream clowns! A pair of mocha storms for HALF off!!! Insane. They will make a great edition to my biocube with my N Wannare baby mantis!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back