Live Blackworms - Do you have a secret source?

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My LFS used to have ample blackworms for cheap but their supply has gotten unreliable. Looking for online sources and threads on R2R it appears there’s a massive shortage of these wiggly’s.

My copperband exclusively eats these worms (we freeze the worms into their own cubes). We feed LRS and a frozen blend of a massive variety of foods. He picks through it all for the wiggly’s.

Ebay worms are disgustingly overpriced. I ain’t feeding this guy $10 of worms a day. Major suppliers aren’t selling to new customers.

I’d love to find a source for live or frozen blackworms. I don’t think the pellets will work for this picky eater.

Do you have a secret source?

Cheers,

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying on an off for awhile to find some. Following!

Reefrats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a copperband yesterday. He will eat live brine but I need to find something more nutritious.

OP
OP
Hungrypede

Hungrypede

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone still on the hunt for blackworms I found a decent solution. Found freeze dried blackworms on EBay. Soaked them in RO to rehydrate and then used a pipette to put make cubes of frozen food.

The freeze dried like to stay on the surface so we thaw and then dump in the tank so they don’t go down the overflow. CBB has been loving them - not as much as live, but it works.

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White worms would be my recommendation. Tried black worms and didn’t care for it. CBB can be timid when introduced, so you really want a worm that can handle salt water long enough to entice the CBB. I made this to help prevent other fish from getting to it, which allowed the copperband enough time to get comfortable before approaching.

IMG_8331.jpeg

Ultimately spirulina brine shrimp is what got mine eating.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back