Live food for SPS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DannyB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DannyB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2015
Messages
404
Reaction score
199
Location
Oklahoman in Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a live food sps corals are known to consume? Something such as rotifers or a certain type of pod i could add to the tank? I am going to start culturing pods and possibly rotifers soon and thought i might pick a type of pod the sps could eat if any.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
 
e51c9f4fc7463f8c4dfd24ae3baae9f8.jpg
 
I culture pods, phyto and rotifers let me know if you need some.

Actually in the process of getting the phyto going. Still growing my first culture actually. I was thinking of doing rotifers and maybe tisbe pods (for my mandarin). What type of pods are you culturing? I may take you up on a starter culture of each.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new