Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say now I don't need to go snorkeling... but I won't because I love it so much. It's as close to being on an alien world as I'll ever get other than at the movies!

OP
OP
tripdad

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say now I don't need to go snorkeling... but I won't because I love it so much. It's as close to being on an alien world as I'll ever get other than at the movies!
Hey Ron, sometimes there are some really remarkable images from this site. If you like the odd, fascinating creatures then it's great. 20171216_122810.jpg Here is a screen shot from a previous expedition.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ron, sometimes there are some really remarkable images from this site. If you like the odd, fascinating creatures then it's great. 20171216_122810.jpg Here is a screen shot from a previous expedition.

HA!!! "If you like the odd, fascinating creatures..." Are you kidding? It's half of why I like snorkeling so much. You see, I love outer space stuff and I really enjoy good science fiction and the world under the water surface is as close as I'll ever get to seeing anything like alien life. Very cool!

Meet a friend of mine, Ali the fighting conch. Collected at Bunche Beach and alive in my tank for over a year now!
P4240040 by Ron Lindensmith, on Flickr

cristata.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We find some cool stuff when we go looking for sharks to tag. These are Giant Plumose Anemones (Metridium farcimen) that we found at a 60 ft depth about 3-4 miles off the coast of Long Beach. These guys are on a hot water pipe which had a leak and are apparently loving the warmish water.

Also I don't know if this pic will upload correctly or not

vlcsnap-00019.png

Back