Live rock/60 gallon tank

Sevenclubz1031

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a live rock/ water ratio suggested, I don't want to have too much live rock, but I would like to add a little more, I have a 60 gallon salt water cube tank
image.jpg
 
you never can have too much, all about your preference. some would say pound per gal is good.
 
Twv is about 80 gals, my rock stack is 33lbs of Pukani. Here is a pic after about a month of it running. That was a year ago.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130823_224840.jpg
    IMG_20130823_224840.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20131223_131912.jpg
    IMG_20131223_131912.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 473
I prolly have 50ish pounds in my 65, basically, just make a rock structure that you like, rock isn't needed, but if you do not use rock, you're going to need to do a lot more water changes.
 
Last edited:
there really is no hard and fast rule - it used to be one pound per gallon and that can still be used as a guide. The more rock you have, the more biological filtration it provides. I would suggest some more for yours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new