Live Rock And Misc For Sale

Rob and Laurie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of tinkering I finally have my tank to where all the rocks and back glass were getting a nice coating of coraline. However, we now have an addition to our family expected in the next couple of weeks :). This is a good thing, of course, but I just haven't had any time to put into the tank and it is starting to show. We have decided to break down the tank for now and start over in a few years when our son is old enough to enjoy the setup process.

What I have is a 72 gallon bow front with a large amount live rock. I'm looking to clear out the live rock first, then our few inhabitants, and finally a few pieces of equipment.

All the rock has been in the tank for a minimum of 8 years so it is very cured and hitchhiker free. A good deal of it has at least a few brown polups and one rock has a large colony on it. Its been awhile since I needed to buy rock but I believe it was between $7 and $9 a pound depending on type, size, ect. I'm asking for $8 a lbs with room for flexibility (especially if buying a large amount). The rock with the large polup colony would be weight plus an extra $25 for the polups.

I'll update with the equipment and critter details later. Thanks for looking.

upload_2016-10-15_10-49-19.png

upload_2016-10-15_10-49-54.png

upload_2016-10-15_10-50-27.png
upload_2016-10-15_10-51-36.png
upload_2016-10-15_10-52-30.png
upload_2016-10-15_10-53-6.png

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GLWS, 8 a lb is really high. I'd suggest research what other used rock sells for.

Ari21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GLWS, 8 a lb is really high. I'd suggest research what other used rock sells for.
+1. I've seen people have to give rock away bc they couldn't sell it for $1/lb

OP
OP
Rob and Laurie

Rob and Laurie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? When I was setting up the tank I would have gladly paid that for rock that didn't induce another mini cycle, have hidden bristle worms/bubble algae/aiptasia, and actually had coralline algae on it already. I guess I wouldn't expect "used" rock to go for any less than "new" rock (Used equipment definitely, but rock??). But, I'm sure your right that everyone is looking for a bargain and there has been no interest yet. I'm cutting my asking in half to $4/lb. But I'm pretty firm on that unless someone is taking it all in one shot. If I have to go lower I'll probably just dry it all out and save it for when we do our next tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.4%
Back