Live rock hitch hiker

junoreefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what this is. Poor lighting, but bright green, and about 3 inche disc size, 4 inch long trunk, bright green stripes on trunk. Came in on Fiji rock.
1000004757.jpg
 
Rock flower anemone that's a awesome hitch hiker if your tank is stable and your able to keep it alive!!
 
Thanks! I supected the same. Did not quite look right for a majano given the disc. I am restarting a 300g tank that had a white spotted bamboo shark in it for 26 years. That was a long commitment! I only have one sailfin and cleanup crew in there now, so I am going to put the single piece of rock with the anemome in the tank and cure the rest. Could use a little nitrate anyhow.
 
Discovered a slightly different one on another piece of rock. This one is small, maybe 1/2 disc.
 

Attachments

  • 20260702_213634.jpg
    20260702_213634.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 13

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new