Live rock hitchhikers

  • Thread starter Thread starter animal15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

animal15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a long backstory to this, but I purchased an Innovation Marine 20 gallon AIO tank from my local fish store that was the display model. It came with live rock and a clean up crew. I was told the tank was pretty much cycled so I was good to add my clownfish and diamond goby right away. The numbers have been steady and what I consider good (ammonia 0; nitrites: 0; nitrates: 10-20) for about three weeks under my watch.
With all that as a back drop, I'm starting to notice various organisims which appear to be hitchhikers. I'd love to hear what hitchhikers I need to take care of right away and which ones will disappear as my tank matures.
Thanks for the replies and the help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new