Live Rock is the new Gold

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,257
Reaction score
970
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So when I broke down my tank about 15 years ago live rock was all we had. I probably had 150+ lbs of live rock in there. Now I come back and live rock is like gold. Or diamonds. People selling it on eBay. I wish I'd kept it in buckets all these years!!

I ordered a bunch of LifeRock, but would love some actual live rock to mix in. Besides random people on eBay, is a place like Gulf Live Rock the only place left to go that's trustworthy? There is not a brick and mortar fish store within 100 miles of me, unfortunately. Though stores probably don't sell anything either.)
 
There is some Australian rock going around but it's pretty spendy
 
@LiverockRocks has the best live rock you’ll find anywhere. Amazing rocks and all the life you can think of on there. I’ve done two large orders in the past and I’m so happy with the rock choices.
 
TBS is where I would buy live rock from!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new