Live Rock Suggestions

Magical Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
303
Reaction score
26
Location
Lancaster, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on where to get premium live rock with good growth on it that isn't going to break the bank? I've been out of the hobby for a few years and it's seems like the primo stuff is all but gone. I always went for Fiji but I really like the look of Tukani as well. It's for a 93g cube. I was thinking I need 100 lbs or so. Does that sound about right?

I had a bad experience in the past with the Florida live rock so I won't even consider it. I don't want to bash anyone but I bought 100 lbs and it was loaded with gorilla crabs. They were destroying my fish and corals to the point where I had to take down my tank. Needless to say there is 0 chance that I go down that road again.
 
100 pounds sounds fine! But you can always go more.
 
Any suggestions on where to get premium live rock with good growth on it that isn't going to break the bank? I've been out of the hobby for a few years and it's seems like the primo stuff is all but gone. I always went for Fiji but I really like the look of Tukani as well. It's for a 93g cube. I was thinking I need 100 lbs or so. Does that sound about right?

I had a bad experience in the past with the Florida live rock so I won't even consider it. I don't want to bash anyone but I bought 100 lbs and it was loaded with gorilla crabs. They were destroying my fish and corals to the point where I had to take down my tank. Needless to say there is 0 chance that I go down that road again.
By Florida rock do you mean from Tampabaysaltwater?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new