Live rock vs bio filter

baba.aqua

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2025
Messages
76
Reaction score
22
Location
ottawa, ontario, canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be better to use live rock in the back on an AIO tank instead of bio filters like seachem bio matrix ??
 
No need for anything but live rock IMO
I agree 100% here. I don't understand what those matrix type products and bricks do that a rock won't do. And, I think some people believe that some of the blocks they've tried leached metals into the tank. I'd go with the live rock personally.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new