Live sale participation

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, i wanted to know how I can participate in a live sale? I always see people getting great deals on exceptional corals during a live sale and I wanted to join the party. The only problem for me is that I am new to whole live sale environment. Can anyone give the steps that need to b taken to be part of a live sale. The only part I know is that I have get a shipping module and that’s about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks again and happy friday

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best way is make sure which ever company is doing the live sale make a account on said site. Then when they start posting make sure your quick draw mc graw and be the first to check out!! People are quick!!

OP
OP
E

Emon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone that is part of the live sales seem to me as professionals at it. I guess with time I will also become a professional, just got to keep trying to be quick and then hopefully i will be able to get those great deals . Thanks again for the input

Dvanlier05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most are the same but some companies do it a little different. Read the rules page that they put out. That's usually a week before. Some have you pre pay for shipping, some it's at check out, maybe even free if you buy enough. Act fast because they go quick. It's a great way to waste a day and a lot of fun. TCK is doing one very soon. Hope to see you in the next one

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real question is do you trust the photos from the company in question. A lot of vendors adjusts the lighting or otherwise manipulate the photos to make the colors appear significantly more vibrant than they would be in your tank so buyer beware.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will want to create an account with the vendor doing the live sale. Also, you will want to save your payment method with that vendor as well. As soon as you see a coral posted that you want, you have to checkout right way. Typically the first person to checkout gets the coral.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real question is do you trust the photos from the company in question. A lot of vendors adjusts the lighting or otherwise manipulate the photos to make the colors appear significantly more vibrant than they would be in your tank so buyer beware.

Most vendors here are pretty accurate. The issue is that everyone runs different lighting. 3:1 blue to white led light is going to produce a different looking picture than a 4:1 blue to white led. Add in the various spectrums and your pictures vary even more. We currently don't have a universal standard for taking pictures.

As someone whose been buying online for his whole reefing career, it's best to look at corals you have and compare to photos of the vendors stock list of those exact corals. This way you get a good idea of where the color is at for corals your interested in.

Now on to the topic of Live sales.

My best advice is to make sure you have a fast internet connection and fast computer. If you don't have have one or both, it's best to camp over a friends place for the event.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would avoid live sales unless you have iron willpower and know exactly what you want or you'll end up buying everything.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back