Liveaquaria ORA corals

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about buying some ORA sps from Liveaquaria. They have discounts here and there plus free shipping for over $100.

My hesitation is that it's Liveaquaria...a box chain and I've seen the corals at Petco which supposedly come from Liveaquaria. They don't look great at all and have tons of pests at my local stores.

Do you know if the ORA corals on Liveaquaria come directly from the ORA farms?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The divers den stuff that is WYSISYG are in Rhinelander Wisconsin in the LiveAquaria Facility. The stuff purchased on the ORA page drop ship from Florida from ORA.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about buying some ORA sps from Liveaquaria. They have discounts here and there plus free shipping for over $100.

My hesitation is that it's Liveaquaria...a box chain and I've seen the corals at Petco which supposedly come from Liveaquaria. They don't look great at all and have tons of pests at my local stores.

Do you know if the ORA corals on Liveaquaria come directly from the ORA farms?

Divers den = from Wisconsin
ORA = from ORA
Drfostersmith CCGC corals = from wisconsin (30 day guarantee)
others = from California, likely the same corals other LFS get in.

Some/most of Petco's tanks look terrible because the employees don't take care of them or don't know how and don't have a proper set up to do so.

There are actually some really nice petco's with nice set ups, it just depends who manages them, what equipment corporate will let them use, and not really their source of fish/corals.

I suggest to dip everything, regardless of source.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the ORA stuff the same for the captive bred fish? Drop shipped? Just curious. Thanks.

Yes, the ORA fish come directly from ORA unless you buy them on Diver's Den. Biota stuff comes from the Wisconsin DD facility.

If you add stuff from cart you can see what state is is coming from before check-out.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back