Liverocknreef - has anyone bought fish from them??

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liverocknreef - has anyone bought fish from them??

I am always scared trying a new site for the first time. Has anyone had any experiences with this company before outside of liverock?

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at that site for a little bit. I think theyre legit. I seen they have small captive bred Blue Tangs for $80.
The minimum tank size they have listed for said fish is 30g, though. So, I dont know how legit lol

Edit: to have a fish shipped is $80. Thats the shipping cost.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at that site for a little bit. I think theyre legit. I seen they have small captive bred Blue Tangs for $80.
The minimum tank size they have listed for said fish is 30g, though. So, I dont know how legit lol

Yea the site does not really seem to push me to want to buy but they have some solid assortment. I hope someone else chimes in with some experience because I can not seem to find anything online. The rock seems pretty good depending on what type you buy from them, and most online reviews of the rock are good though their are not many. That is just the rock though.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iffy on them, some of their minimum tank sizes is way off.
Funny that they happen to have flamboyant cuttlefish though.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wait I cant believe I missed this last time.. $80!!! Are you serious?? Um...

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait I cant believe I missed this last time.. $80!!! Are you serious?? Um...
It’s odd. I had to double check just to make sure it actually was $80. I added a screenshot that I took of the fish in the cart. It’s definitely deceiving.
However, at the bottom of the page they say they’ll call you after you place the order to get you the cheapest shipping option possible. I don’t know about that.

Attachments

• E3CE41C1-47F8-43E0-B3F7-D8A00874F1E0.png
    E3CE41C1-47F8-43E0-B3F7-D8A00874F1E0.png
    319.8 KB · Views: 109

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They quote high then work with you on shipping. The website leaves a lot to be desired. I have not purchased fish from them but I do have 20 pounds of their premium rock and it is really nice. Full of life, macros, sponges, a gorg, several coral types all doing very well.

View Badges
I bought rock from them and its awesome and he did call me before to see about lowest shipping and how to ship it,if you order he will call,email him also he does reply also.will order from him again in the future.was thinking about just having a rock tank natural from ocean that how beautiful the rock is with sponges and creatures on them with different kinds of algae’s plants.put a few golden butterfly fish in it and call it good. still thinking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I ever got a tank I got some established live rock from a store. I still have corals from 10 years ago that popped off the rock! I cant imagine the beauty of getting some real established rock from the wild reefs. TBS used to this I think and you would get mantis shrimp. Super cool!

I emailed them and waiting for a response. I will keep everyone updated.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve dealt with them before. Liverock had a lot of die off, like a ton. To be expected when they refuse to ship in water. When I’ve inquired about shipping in water they were rude and unprofessional, to the point where I won’t be doing business with them again. They are definitely a legit business though.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like there is none! Not sure why they would have not replied to me through eMail either. Seems like a warning to stay away if you ask me. Hopefully someone else can chime in down the line.

View Badges
I bought from them before rather live ocean rock then dry rock and will buy from them again very soon ,when you make an order they will call you for shipping prices and you pick the 1 you want .they have figi live rock right now straight from the ocean from figi just got in about 1 month ago.best place to buy real live rock from ocean.

View Badges
I’ve dealt with them before. Liverock had a lot of die off, like a ton. To be expected when they refuse to ship in water. When I’ve inquired about shipping in water they were rude and unprofessional, to the point where I won’t be doing business with them again. They are definitely a legit business though.
If you got it overnight not a lot of die off if you wait 2or 3 days it will have a lot of die off during shipping depends on want to want to spend. I didnt have no die off got it over night.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back