Livestock suggestions!

ctylermast

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Messages
145
Reaction score
78
Location
virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So title states it, have a 40g display with 50-55total volume. Im very indecisive about what I’d like to throw in the tank, I want something somewhat unique , but I know options are limited with a 40g and with corals. Currently stocked with two clowns, a tailspot blenny, fire shrimp, various crabs and snails. There was a watchman goby that I have not had eyes on for about a month that has me worried, gonna wait a while before I write him off. Although I swapped him to a brand new tank so I fear he succumbed to a clean tank or maybe fell victim to a few gorilla crabs I’m working on catching. Anyways I know I’m limited on maybe 1 or two more small livestock items. But I’d also love some suggestions on some unique inverts or corals. Thanks in advanced. Tank is about 4 months old and coming along great especially with the tbs rock. My previous tank was an utter failure that was down in 1 year.
IMG_3862.jpeg
 
I can't tell you what corals will be worth having – that's personal.

But IMO, do it different from your last tank. If you focused on corals there, focus on fish this time. If you focues on fish before, focus on corals.

Above all, take your time with every addition. Do NOT rush to fill your tank with either fish or coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new